Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Elvis Festival

The Elvis Festival is the largest event I help plan. There are so many moving parts and volunteers that make it happen.

It seems like you spend all this time planning and the weekend flys by. This year Elvis Festival was a little different. On Wednesday, June 5th my friend Martin Thomas left this world. It was a hard day for many people especially Craig, his partner. 

As the weekend went on we all took on different roles and responsibilities...

For the first time ever I played tour guide on Saturday for Troy Gentry from Montgomery Gentry.

We went to the Elvis Presley Birthplace!


We also went to: Tupelo Hardware, The Lyric and The Ice House. Troy and his band mates were so nice. 

Before they took the stage Saturday night Chad and Collins came to visit backstage. 


As most of you know I am not a Country Music fan but I enjoyed the show. This photo is from the side of the stage. 


And for the encore... Eddie Montgomery introduced Elvis and Troy walked out on stage in an Elvis jacket. On the second verse Cody Slaughter joined them in black leather. The crowd was electric!  Nights like Saturday Night make all the long hours worth it. Seeing the smiles on so many faces lets me know that we did it!


Our Elvis Family is like no other. I am honored to be part if the blue team!  This year we wrapped up the Festival by coming together as honorary pallbearers @ the celebration of life service for Martin Thomas.  




No comments: