Yesterday was Fat Tuesday! For most that is that last day of Mardi Gras and the Final Feast Day before Lent. This is also the day most people over indulge on whatever they are giving up for lent. I was one of those....
Today is Ash Wednesday and the 1st Day of Lent. Lent is the 40 days leading up to Easter and is a time to reflect and fast. This year I am giving up alcohol for Lent. Other the years I have given up a random assortment of things including beer. And each year Lent provides some great stories. I am giving up alcohol for several reasons: it will be something hard to give up and it will help me with weight loss. Over the last 4 month I have lost 12 pounds and recently hit a plateau. This will help me get off my plateau. I hope! My friend Amanda Westmoreland is giving the same thing up. I hope that we will both be positive motivation for each other.
To kick start my fasting (no alcohol) I got a full body message to help me detox. I feel so relaxed and ready to accept the challenge I have given myself. So... all of my blog readers, if you see me please help me resist the temptation until Lent is over!
Chad is giving up French Fries. I know he can do it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment